File a Complaint

Clean air is healthy air and healthy air is vital to all of our health and well-being. If you notice an air quality problem in your community please submit a complaint using one of the methods presented.

We respond to complaints in King, Kitsap, Pierce or Snohomish counties. To submit a complaint in another county, locate the clean air agency for that county using this map.

Talking to Your neighbor

Many times people are unaware of the effect their behavior is having on their neighbors, so we always suggest talking to them first. We find that in general, neighbor-to-neighbor talks are a helpful way to assist them into changing their behavior and are more effective than regulatory action.

Please visit our library for information that can be helpful when talking to your neighbor.

Always call 9-1-1 if you or someone else needs immediate medical attention due to an air quality problem.

File a Complaint Online

The fastest way to submit an air quality complaint to us is to complete one of the following online complaint forms:

For outdoor fires, visit outdoor burning.

File a Complaint by Phone or Mail

To file a complaint by mail or over the phone, have the following information ready:

  • Date and time of incident
  • If it is happening at that time
  • Address of incident including city and zip code
  • Who you think is responsible
  • Your contact information - name, address, and daytime phone number

Phone complaints: Call our air quality complaint line at 800-552-3565. Press 1 to continue in English, then dial ext. 6 and leave a message with the complaint information when prompted.

To file a complaint in a language other than English, call 800-552-3565.

Mail Complaints

Send to:

Puget Sound Clean Air Agency
Attn: Inspection Department
1904 3rd Avenue
Suite 105
Seattle, WA 98101


All complaints become public records. As a public agency, we are required by regulations (PDF) and state law to provide access to all complaints, including contact information, if a public record request is made. To learn about filing an anonymous complaint, visit our Frequently Asked Questions.

For more information, contact our Inspection Department or call 800-552-3565.